Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Friday 16 May 2014

OUGD505 - Design Production 2: Studio Brief 2 - Protoypes

I had designed the sick bag, shopping bag, door signs and amended the envelope following feedback from last week's critique, so I started to make mock ups for them.

Shopping Bag
I had proposed this, but I wanted to make it physically. This would go in the travel agent's and onboard the ship. It would hold brochures in, as well as souvenirs bought from the onboard ship. It will be able to be flat packed so it can be store well, and I've made a simple net so that it wouldn't cost much to produce.

Here is a net I followed.


I then made it into my shape - to fit the brochure. There would be multiple sizes onboard the ship to fit in a variety of products, but they will all follow this format and scale.


I then printed it and made it to see if it worked.



I then put the design on it to make sure it was the right scale.


I was really happy with the scale of it and think it works well.




Envelope
Following my feedback, I got told to combine two of the designs so that there was a scaled down version of the illustration going on the front. This would mean the back is free to write the address on it.


The mockups I did before were smaller versions for the crit, so I printed it off in real size this time to see how the scale looked.
I was happy with how it has turned out.




Door Sign
I also printed the door sign off to see how the scale was and if it fit onto a door.


Sick Bag
These are actually something that you see on cruise ships a lot when there is going to be a rocky night as a lot of people get seasick, so I thought it would be appropriate to design one.
As I ordered one, I drew over all of the folds and scanned it in so I could work with it digitally.



I digitised it so I had the net.


Then I added the design to it.


I made the crop marks for myself around it so there wouldn't be any marks when I made the bag.

I printed it out and folded it according to the template I made.



I was having a lot of trouble trying to build it, so I started rebuilding the one I took apart to see how it worked.


I realised this is how the bottom should look.


So then I could start building it again.


Here is the finished protoype - it's a good job I did one because I've realised I haven't actually placed the logo in the right place.. Doh! So I'm going to redesign that and reprint it to do it again.






No comments:

Post a Comment