Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Tuesday 13 May 2014

OUGD505 - Design Production 2: Studio Brief 2 - Final Crit

We had a final crit today, and I showed what I had done so far on my brochure, my seapass, business cards, loyalty cards and four different envelope designs.

Questions

  1. Which envelope do you prefer?
  2. How can I improve the Seapass? - it's how people board/pay on the ship
  3. Should the illustration be smaller and repeated?
Feedback

1st person
  1. I prefer the 4th envelope, it is a lot more eye catching due to the larger design, I also like the inclusion of the logo on the envelope fold.
  2. To improve the seapass you could make it a more sturdy material, maybe look into credit cards and keycards. You could also make it to look like a passport, this represents travel, and could also have stamp pages so people can tick off the countries they have visited. +1 +1
  3. I think that the brochure should be more illustrative, as they look like two different designs at the moment. +1 +1 +1
2nd person
  1. I like how the image is printed on the back of the envelope, but maybe if you made the houses smaller like in envelope 2. +1
3rd person
  1. I agree with the above, the logo on the flap of the envelope 4 is a good idea, but maybe make the houses smaller to allow for an address to be clearly read.
  2. Include the illustration of the houses in the brochure to tie all the branding in together.
  3. For the seapass you could make it the shape of one of the houses just to tie all the branding in togeher.
4th person
  1. #4 is the most practical as it leaves the front clear for writing the address. However, the size of the houses will work better at the scale of #2. 
  2. Could experiment more with the illustrative side to the brand. This could make it look less corporate. However this depends on the purpose of the card.
  3. I think it would be good to see the illustration in a variety of different ways depending on the media and size.
5th person
  1. Maybe envelope 2 with houses on front and back like the bag!
6th person
  1. I'd have a mixture of envelope 2+4 - small houses on the front and back so room to write and address with the brand established on the back.
  2. I don't think the illustration shoudl be made smaller just to repeat it - either keep it the same but scale it if you having problems with size or design some more houses to add to the row.
  3. I would keep everything very illustrated to make it fluid throughout
7th person
  1. I really like the envelope 2, as it gives you space to write the address. Perhaps a different net? A more traditional envelope might work better.
  2. Perhaps a digital approach to the pay/boarding method. Propose an application, where you can pay and check in where they board. Look at Apples 'Apple Store' app for iOS. 

8th Person
  1. I really like the 2nd/4th envelope

Overall
I think I should have established more about what the Seapass was, as afterwards reading the feedback I realised people didn't understand what I meant. I wanted to know how I could improve the design, but people didn't understand that - which is my fault.
I am glad most people said envelope 2 + 4, and I am going to scale down the houses based on this feedback. I will also do this for the cover of the brochure. It has really helped me actually, as I spoke to a couple people afterwards to and had some good verbal feedback on the Seapass. Now I feel more confident in sending off the designs to be printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment