Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Sunday 5 January 2014

OUGD504 - Responsive: Sophie Davey Photography Brief

Brief Title
Sophie Davey Photography Business Cards

The Brief
I have been asked to design and print some business cards for a photographer based in Leeds. Her specialities include travel, urban, street and landscapes, so this needs to be reflected on the card. It should also include her contact details.

Considerations
I need to consider how to print the business cards economically as I would be printing them myself to keep costs down. I would like to produce effects such as foiling and letterpress, but it would be hard to do print these to a high standard at college, and it would be too expensive to get it printed professionally. 
I also need to consider how to portray my clients personality and style across in the business card, which is clean and minimal. This could be done through using sans serif fonts and a monochrome colour scheme with one accent of colour. The client has said that she prefers one or two colours in design, and black and white photography.

Concept/Proposition
I am going to create a business card that has a minimal and clean feel to it because the client herself is, as well as her style of photography so will suit every aspect of her. I know that she will like this design, as well as attract people who want a professional and clean finish.
I am going to look at digital printing, lasercutting and screenprinting as options as I know that these are the options I have to create professional standard cards myself.

Background
Sophie Davey is a 2nd year Photojournalism student, focussing on landscape, travel, urban and street photography. 

Target Audience
As she is only just starting to accept clients, there isn't a defined target audience she already attracts. However, she would aim her services to be used as prints and in editorial work.

Mandatory Requirements
  • Should have one of the clients images on the back
  • Should state the kind of photography the client does
  • Contact details are visible - Flickr.com/SophieDavey, phone number and sophiedaveyphotography@gmail.com
Tone of Voice
The tone of voice should be professional and straightforward, as well as reflect a contemporary and clean style.

Deliverables


  • Business Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment