Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Friday 3 January 2014

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web: Bookmark Design

As this was going to be the business card I thought of some information to put on it:

Website
www.glossarycafe.co.uk

Email
glossarycafe@gmail.com

Twitter
@glosssarycafe

Phone
0113 2458791

Facebook
facebook.com/glossarycafe

Address


I drew out a couple sizes to see how big I wanted to do the bookmark, and then started designing as I had already done a couple sketches of how I wanted it too look.

I put the logo at the top of the bookmark, and when it is printed I will cut around the edge of the G to make a rounded corner (this will match the rest of the brand) and spaced the information sideways on the rest of it. I feel like while the logo is in the right place, it looks too busy with all of the information. It has to be sideways because it would be too small to fit it horizontally with it being 4cm wide.


I got rid of the telephone number and put three bits of information on the same line, so that there is some white space on the bookmark. I think this looks better now, as the logo stands out more.


When I looked closer I realised that the spacing didn't look quite right.


So I made sure there was equal distance between all the lines (0.25mm and 0.5mm). This is the final digital bookmark design.


This is what the text looks like zoomed in. The heading is 12pt and the bodycopy is 10pt, which matches the sizing on the menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment