Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Tuesday 7 January 2014

OUGD503 - Responsive: Sophie Davey Photography Designing

I started drawing some designs for the business card and logo so that I had a better idea of what to do when I went to screen.


I then started on the logo. I've used a light, clean sans serif because this matches the clients personality and photography style.


I then started to make an aperture, which could be used instead of the O on her name. I followed a tutorial to do this.




This was the outcome at first, but I wanted to redo it to make it cleaner.


I then had this, which I preferred a lot more.


I then started playing around with the other logo ideas I had sketched for the O.





But, I preferred the first one I did with the aperture. I think it looks a lot more clean, even if it is slightly generic.

I then used some of her monochrome pictures to use for the back of the business card, as this is what the client wanted. 


I added the logo to the back of it in white - I think when I print it I will change the white to the colour of the stock though, to give a more natural look.


I then started to make the front of the card, and tried a few layouts that I had sketched.
I tried all the content left aligned. 


I then tried the content right aligned, with the heading in the left still.


Then I made the copy smaller which I think looks better.


I then made the heading fit on one line, and made the content left aligned. I quite like the white space between the content.


Then I added the phone number as I remembered that needed to be added to the content.


I tried all the content right aligned, but I prefer the previous version.


I then tried the heading right aligned as well.


I tried the sub heading left aligned, with the contact details on the right. I think this helps differentiate the hierarchy of the content.


I then added some lines above the contact details, and below the heading to add some more definition.


I showed my client the outcome, and she is very happy with it, so I'm going to digitally print it. I also suggested having painted sides, if I can find a thick enough stock and do it successfully which she would also like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment