Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Friday 3 January 2014

OUGD503 - Responsive: Keith Baldock Artist Designing

I started sketching web layouts to see what would work best.

I started designing the website digitally on Fireworks, as this would help me know all the measurements I need for when I am coding. I chose the font Georgia, as it is a popular serif font and I think an older audience would find it easier to read because they are used to reading serif fonts in books and newspapers. It also adds a more professional and traditional tone. I kept the layout really simple, and I didn't want it to be all singing, all dancing because it isn't appropriate for the audience. It needs to be easily navigated through - however this doesn't mean the design has to compromised. I think the design still works well though because I have used a simple colour scheme, a clean and functional layout as well as big margins which make it more aesthetically pleasing.
I kept the logo really simple and didn't spend too much time on it because it isn't really needed - as long as it gets the point across in a professional tone that is what's important. I chose the font Adobe Caslon Pro because it is a serif, giving a more traditional feel, and when it is in bold it has a more significant tone to it than the rest of the type on the website.


For the colour scheme I chose a navy blue using Web Safe RGB so it will look the same on all monitors. The other two colours I will be using are black #000 and white #FFF and are also web safe.




No comments:

Post a Comment