Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Wednesday 8 January 2014

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web: Making a Gif

I decided a good way of presenting the website in iPad version as a gif on my Behance and presentation. This way the viewer can see all of the pages and don't have to scroll to do so, and can see how it works. 

I started by opening Photoshop, and opening the timeline tab, by going on Windows > Timeline. I then imported the images that I wanted to be made into a gif, and put them each on a separate layer.



I made lots of frames so that the time would be delayed, so I had 15 frames of the same image for each layer.


However, when I went to save this, it was too big of a file. So I made the canvas a lot smaller to see if that worked, which it did, but it was too small to see.


Then I went onto a website where I could make my own gif, and this was very easy until I realised it had a link to the source in the corner of it which I didn't think looks very professional.


I then noticed the seconds underneath the frame and realised you can change the time!


I changed the time to 1.5 seconds each so that it delayed and only had the four frames I needed, which means it could be saved.


I saved it for web as a gif.


Here is the final gif:





I am very happy with it, and I think that it will improve the presentation of my branding on Behance with this, rather than each page as a static image.

No comments:

Post a Comment