Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Tuesday 4 March 2014

OUGD505 - Design Production 2: Jackson Rising

We had to make a flyer and 10 page concertina booklet on Jackson Rising - an exhibition in New York. Here was my solution.

I gave each artist two pages each, as they all had two pieces of work, so I spread them out across a dps.
I put the contents on the first page so the viewer knows exactly what's included, and can look at it for reference quickly when walking round the studio.
There was varying amounts of information which was hard to work with, as there was lots on some pages, and not on others. I worked around this by having an unusual layout and grid, where I had two different typefaces and contrasting sizes, which I could work to my advantage. I also made the photos reach the edge of the frame to maximise them as much as possible for the viewer to see, as it is to advertise the artwork essentially.



No comments:

Post a Comment