Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Saturday 22 March 2014

OUGD503 - Responsive: BEAR - Preparing for Print

We both booked a photography and printing slot for March 20th and 21st so we had plenty of time to do the boards and submit.

I said that I would print everything we needed for the Photoshoot we had planned on doing. We actually missed our print slot as we hadn't finished designing, so I went to drop in the next morning. I needed to go in the morning so that we had time to test and finish the Rivers scene for the afternoon drop in.

I had to prepare everything for print, which included creating outlines of text, and having an A2 version, as well as an A3 version for each design. I needed an A2 version to fit the whole net on, and an A3 version just so we had all of the components to cut out for the photoshoot and test.

Here are the designs ready for print:








It took a while because the saving process is really slowed down with all the gradients we've used.

After testing, we realised some things needed changing - the wording on the slots part of the box, as it says 'to support the campsite', which sounds a bit weird. It was changed to 'prop up the characters'.


The bear slot needed changing, and I needed to print of the A2 version of Rivers, as I finished it after the mornings drop in.

I reprinted in the afternoon and all worked fine, now we need to cut it all out for the photoshoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment