Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Friday 21 March 2014

OUGD503 - Responsive: Future of Bacon Packaging - Final Products

As I had to send off physical mock ups to the competition Starpack, I decided to reprint the designs I did so they were better quality.

Lasercutting
I actually decided to lasercut them as scalpelling them wasn't going too well. Lasercutting went a lot better, as the cuts were perfect, and it perforated them as well exactly where I needed it to be. This was difficult at first because I couldn't see where to score the pillowbox curve, whereas the lasercutter got it right.
I assembled them, which was farely easy with all the folds there, and stuck it together using double sided sticky tape.

'Photoshoot'
To take photos, I didn't have a photography slot. I created a makeshift white background in the studio next to a window so that there was good light. I then just used an iPhone to take the pictures - they were only going to be small on the boards so they didn't need to be blown up, and it was pretty good quality considering.
Here are the photos.. I'm not very happy with them, but then I'm not happy with what I produced. If I had been, I would have booked a photography slot and done them properly.
But, it does show the range, how to open it, how the bacon comes out and the graphics which is all it needed to do.



















No comments:

Post a Comment