Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Monday 10 March 2014

OUGD505 - Design Production 2: Cruise Printing

I wanted to do a perfect bind on my publication, and have matt laminated covers.
When I got to digital print, I packaged my publication and made sure I had no spelling mistakes.

However, James said that it would be too hard to laminate the covers unless I did a saddle stitch. I didn't want to do a saddle stitch because it wouldn't be appropriate, but I really wanted to laminate the covers for a soft finish.

The only way I could laminate and do a perfect bind is by adding four more pages, but  I couldn't have done it there and then. So I decided to do a saddle stitch, because then I could see how it looked printed.

When it did print, I realised how big the bodycopy looked - even 10pt looked massive. Now I am going to go back to the publication and resize everything a lot smaller.


No comments:

Post a Comment