Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Saturday 19 October 2013

OUGD504 - Design for Print: Survey

To confirm the problems that I discussed in the Concept blog post, that the printing methods are not well publicised, and not many students know the name of the processes, how to achieve them or where to do them, I decided to create a survey.

I sent the survey to:

  • Level 4 Graphic Design
  • Level 5 Graphic Design
  • Level 4 Vis Com
  • Level 5 Vis Com
  • Level 4 Illustration
As I felt that these are the courses which would use similar processes to each other and don't know as much about the printrooms as they would probably want to. I didn't want the fashion or textiles students to answer it because they are always in the Blenheim print room and use different processes, so I don't want to aim my info pack at them. I feel from experience that these courses I sent the survey to are ones who use it but don't know enough to feel the true benefits of the facility. 
I wanted the survey to show how true the problems are, and what else I can find out which can help refine my concept and help me think of the content to put in my info pack. 

I titled it Traditional Printing Methods at Leeds College of Art. Here are the questions I asked:

1. Do you think the traditional print methods, such as monoprinting and
screenprinting, are accessible to all students?


2. Do you use the print rooms at Rossington/Vernon St and Blenheim?

3. How many traditional printing methods (such as etching) are you aware
of in the print room at Rossington/Vernon St?

4. How many traditional printing methods (such as screenprinting) are you aware of in the print room at Blenheim?


5. Do you think the inductions in first year are helpful?

6. Do you think having more advanced inductions throughout the year would be beneficial?

7. Do you feel comfortable asking the tutors in the print room about
the different processes available?

8. What processes would you like to learn more about?

9. Do you know what equipment to use for the processes and where they
are?

10. Thank you for answering the survey. Can you please state the level and course you are on, and add anything else you would like to add regarding print processes at college?

No comments:

Post a Comment