Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Wednesday 23 October 2013

OUGD503 - Responsive: Select 5 Briefs for 1st Session

In preparation for the Responsive module, we had to sign up to D&AD and YCN, two websites which have a range of graphic design competitions.






I now need to select five briefs from different websites such as 99 Designs and Graphic Competitions that I am interested in for next weeks session. 

This is a logo design brief, and I think it would be interesting to do because I haven't done a logo design before. I think it would be good to think of concepts too as the title has a lot of imagery which can be associated with it. The brief is also quite clear on what it wants, and is looking for a pictorial logo.


I think this is a good brief to do because make up is something that I'm interested in, and it needs to be used on packaging which I think is an interesting format to work for.


I think this would be a good logo design to do because the client has given a few keywords of what they have in mind, such as floral, vintage and shabby chic. This will help me think of a logo concept and have a better idea of what they want.


Serco Prize for Illustration
This is an interesting brief as it asks you to narrate a story of London in a single illustrated piece of artwork, which is very broad and would be good practice for me to try and improve my illustrations.


There is a long deadline on this brief which makes it more likely that I will be able to do it, and I am also interested in editorial and literature, so I think I'll enjoy the brief a lot. 


I'm really interested in doing this brief because it combines three things I'm interested in - scandinavian countries, hair + beauty and packaging labels. I think it would be really fun to do, and I like the logo they have as well, but the deadline is very short.


I was really interested in doing this brief, however I feel like they are asking for a lot for a very small amount of money so I am unsure of whether to do this.



This is a brief for a bookcover, and I like the two examples of bookcovers that she likes, and I think her idea is something that I could design with. I am interested in editorial and publishing, so this could be a good brief to do.




Matthew Savage
I also have a friend who wants a photography portfolio website doing, and his requirements were to keep it:
  • Monochrome
  • Minimal
  • Clean
  • 'Photography by Matthew Savage'
This is a website of one of his favourite photographers, and he said he liked the navigation fading www.jonwyatt.co.uk.

I would do this project with a friend, as I would do the website design, and me and my friend would do the coding for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment