Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Monday 28 October 2013

OUGD504 - Design for Print: Furthering my Concept

As my idea is a 'Journey Through Print', I have researched different tickets, and now I am looking at other printed material you encounter as part of a journey. 
I want to break down my project into three sections that you get on a journey. 
So the first section will be a ticket which you need to embark on the journey, the second part will be a series of posters as you see advertisements at train stations, airports etc, and the third section will be the destination - located in the printroom specifying whereabouts you can do the processes.

This is a mind map on printed material we come across in journeys:




This is a mind map on the printed material I'm going to use for my project:




This is a mind map on the content of the posters I want for the 2nd stage of the journey:




After coming up with a few thumbnails of poster ideas, I went to sketch some more accurate ideas:












I also looked at the content for my tickets. I have already looked at the content I could include when I was researching the tickets I had, which were:




  • Destination (equipment)
  • Route (Vernon/Blenheim)
  • Class (Difficulty)
  • Ticket Type - (Process name)
  • Date it's valid (How long it takes - short/long process)
  • Price (Cost of production)
  • Number (Blenheim/Vernon print room details)

  • I then sketched some ideas that would mimic a ticket:




    I also know that for the 3rd stage of the process, the destination, that I want to use the location icon shape. I want to keep these simple with bold text so that students can see it clearly in the print room. Here are the sketches for that:



    Now that I have ideas for each of the steps I want to create, and the content for it I can start designing on the computer and get things ready for print.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment