Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Wednesday 23 April 2014

OUGD505 - Design Production 2: Studio Brief 2 - Colours

To think of colours for the brand, I started collecting images from the destinations so I could find a theme.
Initially I wanted to do blue and yellow, as it reflects the sea, sun and is bright and fun like a holiday should be. However, P&O, Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Caribbean use these colours, so I wanted to do something different.

Here are the colour palettes I created based on Mediterranean countries.































Orange, purple and blue seem to be the most popular colours that were in the images.
I think my favourite combinations are Mykonos, Corfu, Rome, Venice, Valencia, Florence, Monte Carlo, Santorini, Ajaccio and Villafranche.
I need to work out which is best suited to my audience, and how I can incorporate more than two colours into the brand, as I haven't really done that before.


No comments:

Post a Comment