Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Wednesday 23 April 2014

OUGD505 - Design Production 2: Studio Brief 2 - Choosing Which Brief

I had rewritten two briefs - one for shore excursion trips and one for cruise line branding.

Shore Excursion Trip
Initially I decided to go for shore excursion trips because I thought this would be a more manageable task, and I wouldn't be able to bite off more than I can chew.
However, when I started doing mindmaps trying to think of a name I wasn't really getting excited about it.


I also looked at some words on thesauraus.com to try and think of a name.








Cruise Ship Branding
So I had a word with Lorraine about it, and she reminded me that I didn't have to make the cruise ship branding a mammoth task and can just focus on the boat. 

I made a list of things I could do without going overboard and thinking about more branded things on the ship:
  • Website
  • App
  • Boarding Pass
  • Ice Cream/Drinks Loyalty Card
  • Membership Card
  • Card
  • Merchandise
  • Mini Brochures
  • 'What's On' Flyer
I felt more comfortable about it now, and Lorraine suggested writing a boat story so I know more about who my audience is and what my brand is.

No comments:

Post a Comment