Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Tuesday 1 April 2014

OUGD503 - Responsive: Photography by Matthew Savage Brief

I have been asked to create a website for a photographer, Matthew Savage. For this, I have decided to collaborate with a developer so that I can produce a responsive and advanced site, as I only have limited knowledge of HTML and CSS.
The website should be a portfolio of his work as well as a way of contacting the photographer.

Brief Title
Photography by Matthew Savage Website

The Brief
I have been asked to design a website for photographer Matthew Savage, who is based in Blackburn. It should show his work in a professional manner as well as list his contact details and biography. 

Considerations
I need to consider how a mixture of portrait, landscape, panoramic images and video will work together consistently. This is important because I don't want to just make landscape images look good without considering the portrait images as they are very different shapes, and he has a mixture of them both.
I also need to consider the skills of the developer, because I don't want to design an all-singing, all-dancing site that can't actually be made.
I also need to consider how the site will reflect him professionally, as his photographs are very high quality and his clients include ASOS and Boss, so this needs to be reflected.

Concept/Proposition
I am going to produce three different designs so that the client has a choice. I am also going to work closely with the client, as I know he has some ideas of what he wants to produce, and like me, is a perfectionist so I want to get it right. 
Before I go to the client though, I am going to make sure that the developer gives the designs the green light so that I know it can be made.

Background
Matthew Savage is a photographer from Blackburn, who has travelled to places all over the world taking photographs. These include Poland, Morocco, Cape Town, Iceland and Andorra. He has also worked for ASOS and Boss, and wants to work in Fashion. He is also currently studying at university. 

Target Audience
People and business's who want to hire a photographer for their shoots. 

Mandatory Requirements
  • Monochrome
  • Include bio and contact details
  • A design that the developer can code
Tone of Voice
The tone of voice should be professional and straightforward, as well as reflect a contemporary and clean style.

Deliverables
  • Website Design

No comments:

Post a Comment