Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Wednesday 6 November 2013

OUGD504 - Group Crits

Today we had group crits with Phil, and got to choose whether we wanted to discuss print of web. Although I discussed print yesterday with the group crits, I wanted to discuss it again as I feel confident with the web project and I felt like I could explain my concept better today.

Here were my strengths: 
  • Good concept
Here were my considerations:
  • Grouped wallet for the cards
  • How will it be produced - small scale, costs etc
  • Where will it be distributed
  • Could be used during induction week
Areas for improvement:
  • Make sure blog is well researched as I am not looking at all processes in my project
Overall I was happy with this feedback, as people commented on how to further my concept rather than focus on where it is now as I am happy with what I've done so far.

Wallet for Cards
I wanted feedback on whether I should have individual, grouped or no wallets for my cards. A wallet to group all the cards in was suggested because it will be more compact and you can still see all the cards when you pull them out. I wanted it to be a wallet, as this is something you get when travelling - for a bus pass etc.

How it will be produced
It will be a small scale production as it is only for graphic design/vis com students in this college, so therefore won't be mass produced. It will also need to be small scale because of the processes that are used on it, and this couldn't be done on a large scale or digitally printed. Because of this, costs won't be as high because it isn't produced on a large scale although they will be higher than if it was digitally printed because of the amount of processes. I can document how much I spend on the project so that I can determine how much it would cost if it was a real project.

Where it will be distributed
Discussing where it will be distributed, I said that it could either be:

  • cards given to students or placed in the classroom
  • posters hung up on wall towards the print rooms
  • location icon dangling above equipment in the print room
OR
  • cards placed at the entrance of the printroom
  • posters hung up around the printroom for inspiration and advice while you're in there
  • location icon dangling above equipment in the printroom
Could be used during induction week
Someone suggested that they could be distributed during induction week at the beginning of the year which I think is a good idea because people will be more likely to want to learn more about it then.
However, I also thought feedback from my survey said that people would benefit from inductions throughout the year, so they could be kept up in the college throughout to help people.

No comments:

Post a Comment