Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Tuesday 3 December 2013

OUGD504 - Design for Print: Final Crit

We had our final crits today, and the format was that we laid our work out on the table and went out while people came in to critique the work.

We had to write a couple of questions we wanted people to answer so I wrote:

  • How/should I package the tickets?
  • Should I make the tickets double sided?
These are the only concerns I have about the project, and this is what I want genuine feedback on. 

This is the feedback that I got:
  • Really good use of processes, lovely concept and a very strong idea. Love the tags which can be done yourself. Didn't see your questions!
  • I think that bellybands are the most appropriate form of packaging for your tickets. I think it would be beneficial to have some form of publication or leaflet explaining the processes, in more detail, this could also be on the reverse on the ticket. Overall a well thought out concept and lots of processes displayed.
  • I really like the overall concept and think the visuals are well planned and executed. You have managed to keep the design consistent yet give each poster and individual flare which makes them all very dynamic and visually pleasing. I don't think the tickets need to be double sided.
  • The tickets are fine as they are.
  • I didn't get chance to give you feedback but I love the champagne foil on your stock! Also, I love this concept.
  • The tickets could be packaged, in something that hangs on the wall (diagram). Your subtle double entendre of the word 'flocking' gives you design character. I know these posters will be hung around the uni, but maybe there is some packaging you could look into to hold all of these printed items. You have completed what the brief has asked of you, which is crucial. This work has inspired me, well done!
  • Tickets could simply have a bellyband to package them together. Double sided tickets - ask yourself why it would be beneficial to have them printed double sided? Would it add more impact? Explain the context your work should be viewed with - I'm guessing at the moment - but well produced, thought engaging. But room for further improvement.
  • I really like the overall concept and think the visuals are well planned and executed. You have managed to keep the design consistent yet give each poster and individual flare which makes them all very dynamic and visually pleasing. I don't think the tickets need to be double sided.
I am really happy with my feedback, and feel good about the concept and visual aspect now. I think having a bellyband is a good idea for the tickets just to package them so they're not loose, but I also really liked the idea that it could be something that hangs of the wall - but I don't know if I could achieve this in time we have left with all the other projects to do. So I think I will go with the bellyband because it is easier and quicker to achieve.
One of the feedback have asked why the tickets should be double sided - I wanted them to be double sided because the icons will be, and the back on the tickets has burn marks from the lasercutter, but I'm not sure if it will make them too thick. However, most people have said that they think they shouldn't be double sided.

No comments:

Post a Comment