Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Saturday 28 December 2013

OUGD503 - Responsive: Air Up & Withers Brief

A local hip hop artist contacted me and asked me to redo his logo, which I said I would do and he then mentioned he was releasing a new EP in January, so I offered to design that as well.

Here is his current website with logo and existing album artwork on. 


As he is releasing the EP in January, I gave myself a short deadline so that I could get it done in two days, plenty of time for him to use it before the release. Here is their soundcloud with most of the new EP songs on to listen to.

Brief Title
Air Up & Withers

The Brief
I have been asked to produce a logo and album artwork for the artist Air Up & Withers. The EP is called 'Reflections On A Local Level' and the artist name should be shortened to Air Up on this. As it is going to be released digitally, on the front cover of the artwork needs to be produced.

Considerations
The client has asked for the logo on the album artwork to appear as 'Air Up' as he is producing it without Withers. Therefore I must consider how the logo can be used on its own, as well as the full version. 
I must also consider how it looks on screen, as it will only be a digital file and not printed.
It must also fit on the dimensions for the website banner, so I must consider the sizing and design of it for this reason too. 

Concept/Proposition
I am going to produce a logo with custom typography on Illustrator which can be used in different forms for different placement and music. I will also produce three album artwork concepts and ask what the client prefers, changing one if necessary. 

Background
Formed in 2013, Air Up & Withers are a hip hop piece which focus on expressing views on subject matters such as religion, poverty, money and generosity. They started making a couple of tracks for fun, then realised it could be taken further than this. They want to make people think about what is being said and provoke a positive change to the listener.

Target Audience
People who listen to the music will be a relatively younger audience due to the music only being released digitally, and the artist suggested that the people who listen should be willing to think and question what he is saying - therefore suggesting a more intellectual and socially aware audience.

Mandatory Requirements

  • A logo which can be used in different formats
  • High quality digital files which the client can use
  • A digital version of the EP before the release date

Tone of Voice
I would say the tone of voice should have a serious tone to it somewhere due to the subject of the songs, but also a more playful tone due to the genre of the music and its sound.

Deliverables 

  • A digital version of an EP front cover
  • A logo file
  • A logo which will fit the banner of the website

No comments:

Post a Comment