Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Thursday 6 December 2012

OUGD405 - Photoshop Workshop

Today we are doing some more Photoshop techniques. Firstly we are going to use a lot of images that Photoshop will make one image out of. We went to File > Script > Load Layers



We browsed 128 images which were of the bean, which will turn into one compressed image. Before we press OK we have to click 'Create Smart Objects after Loading Layers', then it starts turning the image into a smart object.


This is what the photo looks like after it has finished turning it into a smart object, and to completely get rid of the people we need to do this:


It then looks like this:


To make the sky crisper, we need to pick one of the images were the sky looks good, and place it on top of the image.


I then rasterised the layer because it was a smart object. To get rid of the people and the buildings I need to use the quick selection tool to select everything except the sky. Once I've done that, I just delete the selected area and it reveals this:


I made a contact sheet on Photoshop using the automate > contact sheet option, with all the photos on that I took for this session. I had to take photos around college using the shape 'square'.

Once I did that, I placed two of the images that I took and placed them on top of each other. I then saved them, one with both layers showing saying front, and one with a layer hidden saying back.

I then opened Adobe Acrobat and chose to combine two files:



Once I did this, I combined the files,  and saved them as a pdf. I then opened them, and because the files are combined both the images are in one document. Then when I go to print, it will already be double sided, there are just a few settings that I need to change, like short edge and long edge binding.


No comments:

Post a Comment