Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Monday 25 February 2013

OUGD406 - Communication Is A Virus

Thursday 21st

After I had done research on packaging, I started of thinking of ways I could put what I had learnt into context. My main priority is sustainability, and creating a consistent look and feel what everyone was happy with.

I started drawing some of the ideas that I had.




I thought a tube would be a great way of packaging the loose tea, and in a hexagon shape so that they could be stacked on top of each other in the shop, at home, and during transportation. It has to be protected during transportation, because I wanted to use as less packaging as possible to make it sustainable, and I know that sometimes a different packaging is used during transportation than to when it is presented on the shelf, from my research. Being able to stack them would be a good idea of saving space.

I also thought this could be applied to the shape of a tea infuser; coasters; wall hangings with the symbols on; menus and the food packaging.

When I told the rest of the group my idea, they seemed to like it and thought of ideas which could build from this. James suggested that the packaging could be stacked on top of each other, which is a good idea. He was also looking at promotional videos where there were screens on the wall with live tweets being directed to them. We thought this would be a good idea to show tweets that the company was tagged in, and I thought it would work well with the wall idea. Jane also thought that the loyalty card could perhaps be in the shape of a hexagon. Priyesh said he would try and incorporate the shape into the logo as well, so it had positive feedback.

 Friday 22nd

Today we presented our concept to Amber and Simon, and got told that we had to actually produce our ideas, not just create a proposal for it. So we decided to take the weekend to think about what we could do and come back with fresh ideas on Monday.

Monday 25th

Today we brainstormed some ideas, and decided that a blog would be a good idea to produce, so that we could have lots of information about drinking tea on it, and have a link a twitter page on it so people can respond to it. I also thought of an idea to make a viral video.
We had to make a brief outlining what we was going to do:



We had our second crit with Amber today, and she said the idea was more feasible now. 

Tuesday 26th
Today we assigned ourselves with a job each, and decided to research and make sketches of everything to show each other on Thursday.
I'm going to research different nets of tea bags, and make some sketches of nets and how the video will work. The idea for the video is to have a tutorial of how to make a diy teabag, and then for a link to the twitter and blog at the end of it. Me and Sophie booked out the photography studio for Monday so that we can make the video.
We also made a blog, email address and twitter name.

Blog: yourtea.wordpress.com
Email address: yourteablog@gmail.com
Twitter: @yourteablog

Wednesday 27th
Today I am going to start researching different nets, and ideas for the video, which can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment