Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Saturday 15 February 2014

OUGD503 - Responsive: Companions Pet Shop - Designing

I started designing on screen for the logo. I went with the clean design that I drew because I thought this most suited the client.

I started creating the typeface. I used circles to create these two letters. I like how the C curves around the O.


I then did the M which I was happy with.


I also started drawing a paw print to go in the O.



To get the rounded edges on the text I was creating, I chose an offset path with round joins.


Here is the word Companions I made. I was really happy with it as it looks professional.


I then started drawing a dog bone to go around the word.


I made it green to match the clients wants.


I put the logo into the bone, and see how it looked in monochrome. It looks clear and doesn't seem to be missing any element because of the colour.


I made it green and central.


I also created the word Pet Shop, and tried it without the bone.


I put the Pet Shop outside of the bone, and made it smaller.






I tried the pawprint in the A instead.


I didn't like this.


I tried it both of the O's but it seemed to much.


I made the first one a lighter green, and the second one I made the Pet Shop smaller.


Here is the final logo.


Here are the two different variations I am going to send to the client.


Here is the board for the main logo.



No comments:

Post a Comment