Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Saturday 12 January 2013

OUGD405 - Research, Collect, Communicate: PRODUCT

From the initial research topic that I had to research, which was World War One, I now have to decide whether I want to create a Publication, Packaging or Distribution, using information graphics.

I created a spider diagram of some possible ideas:



I have decided to go with the Publication idea of creating a cookbook, as I am interested in cooking, and I didn't want to focus on a depressing topic of the war. I thought this was more lighthearted, as it doesn't focus on death or weapons or anything like that. I thought that by creating recipes that could be made from the rations that families lived on during the war would be appropriate because it keeps to the theme of my research topic, and is something that I would enjoy. 
I have also never done bookbinding before, so I thought this would be a good time to experiment doing that. 

I am now going to research into the rations that were available during the war, and the recipes that they used. Then I will create some recipes out of the food that was available, and the vegetables that were grown in peoples allotments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment