Anything from the inception of this blog is copyright to Danielle Harrison ©

Wednesday 24 October 2012

OUGD403 - Alphabet Soup Mini Task

As we have now finished our typefaces, and shown them to our partners in a final crit, we have been asked to use the letters to replace an existing logo to see how our font works as a word. As my typeface is quite a friendly, matter of fact typewriter font I found it quite hard to find an existing product where a body text would work as a display text. 
However, I found this eco-friendly packaging for nintendo cases on dieline. All of the materials used are sustainable, targeting consumers who care about the environment. I thought my font would work on it because it has curved serifs to suggest a friendly, caring feel, and it is quite a small, functional font which reflects the product.




I went onto Illustrator and started experimenting with different colours and textures:


I like how the layout of the text looks, and it is very clear to see
the text because it is black on white.


However, I wanted to try a kraft paper texture behind the text as
that is used in the packaging, and creates a more environmental
feel.


I also tried it in the same green as the packaging, to see how my 
font would work with colour. I think it is effective because it
reflects the message more than it does in black.


I also tried using the kraft paper texture behind the green text to
create the whole feel, but it isn't very legible, so I am going to try
and lighten the texture in Photoshop. 




I tried a few different shades, but the one that I think is the most
legible and looks the best is the fourth one, which is what I am 
going to present as the final image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment